Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hating the Heat

It's not often that I make my sports loyalties known in print (sorta) because as a former sports writer and college baseball umpire, I don't want to give an impression of bias, but it's hard for me to restrain myself when it comes to the Miami Heat.

Truth be told, I have great respect for D-Wade. I know of the work he does here in Chicago, and I admire his commitment to his home town. Likewise, I have similar thoughts about LeBron James and what he's done for the Canton Akron area of Northeast Ohio. But there's something about the team that's built around these two that just sticks in my craw.

So when the Bulls beat the Heat tonight without Rose or Noah, I felt like I'd hit the number. The streak is stopped. And for no particular reason, I'm happy.

No comments: